Sunday, September 20, 2009

Patriots Lose

Well this is a different feeling. I guess the pats played like this a couple times last year, but I never expected them to play like that with Brady at QB. Props to Rex Ryan for a great defensive game. I still don't think the Jets will have what it takes to to win in the playoffs. They sort of remind me of the Ravens last year. They have a great defense, but just not enough offense to make much noise.

The Patriots are scaring me. Their offense seems out of sync. Though their defense isn't shut down, their play is not the main problem as I first thought last week. It just seems like something is wrong with their offensive play calling. I think losing McDaniels may prove to have been a bigger loss then once thought. It seems like the patriots put themselves in a lot of 3rd and long situations. This is attributed to two main reasons from my observations. First, the patriots tend to run on 2nd and 10 and gain very little to no yards. Second, patriots receivers have been dropping balls in key situations. Joey Galloway has not proven to be of any help for this team. He dropped 2 very important balls, including the last offensive play for the patriots to end the game. All in all, I still think we have a great team and will make a playoff push. However, it would be a lie if I were to deny the fact that I am little worried about this season. Our schedule is tough and with games against Atlanta and Baltimore coming up, we will definitely get a chance to see whether or not this team has what it takes to make some noise this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment